Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I love this time of year! Fall colors are so beautiful here in Misawa. The air is cool and crisp and the holidays are around the corner. Thanksgiving will be our last one here with good friends. The movers will be here on Monday to pick up our first shipment and then be back at the end of the week to get the main bulk of our household goods. I have found myself needless to say running around cleaning out closets and taking bag after bag to the thrift store. It's hard to believe our return back to the states is upon us. We have been ever so blessed with good friends and a church branch during our stay here over the last 3 years. I have endured 2 deployments of Mark being gone and have watched 4 children grow up so fast before my eyes. I am ever so grateful for this opportunity to have experienced living life overseas. I have come to appreciate my life and the Japanese simple way of living. I truly wish I could bottle it all up and just bring it back with me. The on-going joke is that we have been living in a bubble for the last 3 years. I would have to agree with that somewhat BUT truly the Japanese culture is very simple, consistent, and structured. They take PRIDE in everything they do and life here just isn't so FAST pace. I think America can learn a thing or two from the Japanese.

We spent Thanksgiving day hosting dinner at our house with our good friends, the Staceys, the Hermanns and the Barry's. The kids were all wonderful and excited to spend the afternoon with one another. This was one on of the BEST Thanksgivings by far in the Crew household. We will truly miss the friendships we have made here. Happy Thanksgiving!

Two of my very best friends, April and Stephanie

Playing Catchphrase with this group will never be the same...what an awesome time and great memories!

<span class=

No comments: